Goal 15: To make effective use of web analytics & user feedback
- You have set up your web analytics and are generating some reports.
- But it is still difficult to see exactly what should be improved on the site.
- You may not have all the reports you need.
- Reports may be poorly formatted for analysis.
- Or you may need expert help in analyzing and assessing site performance.
- There are also tricky decisions to be made about how to go about improving the site.
- You may need help planning for designing and implementing improvements.
- Lacking solutions to these problems, site performance is still sub-optimal, and business benefits are not being fully realized.
Service K: Site Statistical-Analysis & Review
- Provide useful and well-formatted reports and written analyses, based on the analytics you have put into place, to give you understanding and insight about user behavior and site performance.
- Assess how well each aspect of the site is performing, relative to its business objectives and user aims. Sort results into those aspects that are working fine, those that are not worth improving, and those that should be improved.
- If needed, facilitate website-review meetings to ensure that performance measurements and these assessments are understood.
- Guide the group in making sound decisions about what to improve to optimize site performance and realize full benefits for your business.
- Hire and/or coach the client’s own analysts to perform this function in the long term.
- Plan for the design and implementation of needed improvements.
Benefits: Discover opportunities for improving site-performance in all areas
- Learn how to improve site performance
- Decide what is worth improving
- Find out how to increase business-benefits from the site
- See how to enhance user-satisfaction
- Uncover ways to improve marketing
- Recognize opportunities to increase sales
Comparisons to Alternatives
|Comparison of Features of Our Service to the Alternatives|
|Useful, well-formatted reports|
|Analyses for insight on user behavior & site performance|
|Assessments of performance for each aspect of site|
|Performance scored against business objectives & user aims|
|Identify improvements to make & those not worth making|
|Conduct site-review meetings so all stakeholders are informed|
|Group decision-making on what to improve|
|Coach client's analysts in these functions for future|
|Assist client in outsourcing or hiring staff to do these analyses|
This comparison reflects the capabilities of most companies that outsource these kinds of work, but your company's capabilities may differ.