Goal 27: Should we outsource website management, & how to do it best?
- You are considering switching from running, managing, and maintaining your website in-house to outsourcing these functions.
- How to decide whether to do it?
- What is the best way to do it?
- How to create a realistic plan for the switch?
- How to find suitable vendors, solicit bids effectively, and select the right vendor?
- How to negotiate the best terms for the outsourcing contract?
- How should you set up a team and process within your company to collaborate with and manage the vendor’s work?
- How do you ensure vendor cooperation and a smooth, efficient transition?
Service W: Decision-Analysis & Support to Outsource Website-Management
Provide decision analysis and support to a business that is considering outsourcing the management and maintenance of its website. If decision is made to outsource, then help the client with the following:
- The planning process.
- Finding suitable vendors.
- Soliciting bids.
- Selecting a vendor.
- Negotiating a contract.
- Setting up a team and process within your company to collaborate with and manage the vendor’s work.
- Ensuring a smooth, efficient transition.
Benefits: A smooth transition to effective outsourced site-management
- Eliminate the work of managing the site in-house
- Site management by people with more skills at it than your staff has
- An effective plan to outsource site-maintenance
- Find the right vendors to manage the site
- Manage vendors effectively
- Transition to outsourced management smoothly
Comparisons to Alternatives
|Comparison of Features of Our Service to the Alternatives|
|Decision-analysis & decision-support tools, methods, & help|
|Research suitable vendors|
|Transition help with contract & vendors|
|Form & launch team to collaborate with & manage vendor|
This comparison reflects the capabilities of most companies that outsource these kinds of work, but your company's capabilities may differ.