We have developed a highly innovative and proven methodology for researching, conceptualizing, designing, and enhancing online-products/applications, virtualized business-functions, and communication functions, whether part of websites or not (such as many mobile applications). This methodology overcomes many problems that have plagued our field for years. The two “cognitive maps” in this section outline this methodology and are the foundation of our work.
We put everything to do with websites and online products into the context they truly belong in: as virtual forms of a company, its business functions, and its offline products and services, whether the real/offline forms exist or not. This enables us to bring modified forms of our advanced, highly effective management and organizational models, services, and tools that are critically important for real forms of business to bear on these virtual forms:
- Discovering and evaluating new business-opportunities
- Strategic research, aims, and planning
- Stakeholder analysis
- Organizational design
- Planning, forming, and launching new business ventures or projects
- Information and communication quality, flow, and systems
- Developmental-stage assessments and shifts.
These services result in well-informed decisions about what to design, for whom, how, and why—the business benefits the company can expect to realize. These define the strategic objectives and success criteria for the projects to follow. We build on these results through state-of-the-art services for all aspects of creating, designing and developing innovative websites and online products and services. These take full advantage of the rare opportunities offered by the latest generational leaps in Internet-based technologies and major shifts in media forms.
The results make sound business sense, with a high, enduring return on the company’s investment.
Benefits of These Maps & Methodology
- The first comprehensive, sound process to design & develop websites & online-products/applications
- Able to handle the complex challenges involved in such projects
- Brings a true business-focus to the process of developing websites and applications
- Ensures that the project’s business-objectives are well chosen and defined
- Uses state-of-the-art organizational science, decision analysis, & project management
- Solution carefully selected from a range of innovative concepts
- Project is guided throughout by a detailed blueprint
- Provides clear, complete, accurate specifications to designers
- Adequate preparation for each step before it is allowed to start
- No critical step is overlooked
- Minimizes wasteful rework
Please see Map 1: Structure of Online Systems for a scheme describing what we work on.